Monday, July 26, 2010

Marriage Mentor

We met with our marriage mentors for the first time about a week and a half ago. They are a great couple that hosted our table at our marriage prep class earlier this spring at Hosanna. Earlier in the year, Tony and I each took an inventory about personalities, family stuff, and future ideals. Now we get to meet with our mentor couple a few times before the wedding to go over what our answers meant. Our first topic was communication... which is a BIG one for any couple!

We got to go back and forth talking about our strengths and weaknesses when it comes to communicating with each other. We also learned how to be more assertive and to actively listen to our spouse's needs and requests. One of our topics was about how I get worked up and talk really loud when I'm excited about something, whether that is good excited or mad excited. I go "dino" on Tony (like Dino on The Flintstones, I start talking super fast and get louder and louder). Tony is definitely much more of a quiet volume guy and I like it loud.

So when I was shopping at Target the other day, I thought this little sign was a very relevant little reminder for me to put up somewhere in our new place:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...