Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Poundage

I have been slowly losing weight since this winter. By the end of 2009, I was teetering around 155 :( As everyone does with the new year, I made some resolutions... and I am still working on them! Crazy to think that sometimes people actually can stick to them.

I started with working out with Abby. Then we added a personal trainer, Karl. He was fantastic, but even with a group discount, it was expensive. So we tried Team Fitness at Lifetime. I really enjoy the class but started slacking in the last week or two here... 5am can come way to early when you are running around all night after work doing wedding errands and helping parents move. I usually try to squeeze in some of my own exercising... P90X with Tony, running with Jax, or even just going for a nice long walk with Tanya. However - what has been the extra boost I needed in the last two months is MyFitnessPal.com. It is a super easy website that helps me track my calories and exercise. Yes, logging on and entering stuff takes a few minutes... but what's a few minutes a day on there instead of FB??? Easy!!!

So I am VERY proud to say that I have lost about 15 pounds since last winter!!! And Tony is right there too :) even though he just started with the weight loss thing about a month or two ago lol. We really want to keep it up and start our marriage in a healthy, youthful way. We love to be outside and doing active things. But we also love to eat. So we are working on that balance and learning how to be healthier together. (Notice I did not say "healthy" together - we still love some "naughty" foods and couch time).
Christmas 2009

June 2010

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...