Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bridal Shower

Sometimes it is rough being the oldest kid. And one of the oldest grandkids.

I tend to be the first try for most things... a test run if you will. Sometimes it is fun and adventurous and I like being the boss ;) Other times it is frustrating because I don't have an older sibling to look up to, someone to follow around, play copycat with, show me how to do something so I don't have to try to figure it out on my own. I think I am a pretty smart cookie but it would be nice once in awhile to just do what someone else did.

Anyway... so there is my little rant about a little of frustration and fear of not knowing and screwing up.

Back into wedding planning! Working with my bridesmaid and my friend Tanya about putting together a bridal shower. We are thinking of just doing one big one, the first Saturday in June, outside! That part was the easy part of planning.

First big question: who do you invite? a few friends and close fam? every lady on the wedding invite list?

Second big question: is it better to have one for mom's side and one for dad's side? and pepper in some friend's and Tony's family in wherever they would feel most comfortable?

Third big question: where? During the initial planning phase, we were thinking maybe someone's backyard with a tent for shade and having the option of indoors if it rains. Another possibility for renting a park pavilion that has a kitchenette type thing to make it easier for putting a meal on. Only problem with this is if the weather is really bad... if it's pouring and windy... where is the backup location?

Ok so there is where I am at with planning right now. Got a lot coming up this week though: meeting with the food guy, meeting with the photography, picking out outside ceremony stuff, meeting with the florist, talking to the resort, etc!

Hope all is well out there for our loved ones! Thank you for all of your support as we continue on our big journey together!

2 comments:

kcegan said...

Digging the new background!!! Lol, and don't get too worked up about being the eldest, you may not have anyone to look up too but at least you don't have anyone to live up to either ;)
Bridal Shower: don't fret if you'd rather have one big one. People can get along and mesh either way, this is your big day you know! And the inside/outside debate, I don't know how well a park would work out just because this is more of a "ladies" event so maybe people can get semi-nice looking (Sunday best). But if you do need help I can usually take an afternoon off from school to check things out with ya!
Ok, back to being being your busy planning self :D

Justine said...

Thanks Kel! After rethinking things last night, I think I am leaning more towards two smaller ones to make it a little easier to manager. And you are right about the park thing... someone's backyard might be better so there is the option of a real bathroom and going inside if it rains.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...