Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pics from Date Night!

Last night was AWESOME! And much needed :)
I got stuck at work a little late, then had to get gas on my way home. So by the time I got home, it was almost 6pm. I had wanted to stop at Target and pick up a new sundress. And I had wanted to take the time to do my hair and get "prettied up" for my man. Needless to say... my plans flew out the window. My hair was a mess, my dress wasn't my fav, and it was hot and humid out.

But... every little stress seemed to flow out of the car as we eased down the hill into old downtown Stillwater. The closer we got to the water, the better we felt. I love how water eases my troubles! I've had a love affair with water since I can remember.
Our first stop was at Northern Vineyards for a little wine tasting. We tried four whites, one blush, four reds, and a dessert wine. Some were fabulous and some were almost gross. We agreed on three bottles to purchase: Yellow Moccasin, Old Vines, and "Red". Then we each got a glass of our favorite taste of the evening and headed upstairs to their shaded deck overlooking the river. I chose Mainstreet Red and Tony chose "Red"... they were huge portions for only $4 each. Yum! We were feeling pretty good and definitely very hungry by the end of our wine excursion.


We walked down the street to a place called Charlie's looking for a good app and a cold drink. Unfortunately their kitchen was super backed up because of a wedding (about 30-45 minute wait on any food order). We were starving so we kept walking. We came up to the Freight House next and sat on their ginormous patio for some artichoke dip and drinks. After a little more walking and the sun setting, we were ready for some dinner.

We picked the Dock Cafe and it was absolutely delicious! I highly recommend it! I had the halibut with mango pineapple salsa, asparagus, and herb baby reds. Tony had the twin tenderloins with green beans and mashed potatoes. It was melt in your mouth wonderfulness! See his excitement below:

After dinner we walked along shore back to our car, listening to the waves, faint music in the background, small lights flickering here and there. Date Night was a SUCCESS!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...