Sunday, December 5, 2010

Color Changes

Tony and I have been hard at work chipping away at our debt snowball, per Dave Ramsey's FPU class. That being said, we have decided to go easy on the Christmas presents this year. I know it's not as fun, but this year our financial peace has been the best present of all. I know, sappy.

So... my present from Tony is to decorate our bedroom (affordably). To kick things off, Tony painted three of the five walls (yes, we have an odd-shaped room) in our bedroom on his day off last Thursday. I had narrowed it down to a bright granny apple green, a dark masculine purple, or a rich deep tiffany blue. Tony was appalled at the thought of purple. And he definitely wasn't thrilled about green. So here is the winner:


Photobucket


As you can see, I also darkened my hair! I had been looking at some old pics of when I didn't mess with my hair color and I decided I really do like my natural coloring. So this is a little bit closer to that (just a shade darker). Maybe this will be the last coloring for awhile... an especially good idea from a budget standpoint.
 

Speaking of budget, Tony and I just made a big $400 payment towards our debt snowball!!!! Complements of a few shifts at Green Mill over the last two weeks. We rearranged the order of our debt pay down a little bit. The system usually works best by working on the smallest debt at at a time until it's paid off, then you go to the next smallest. We have paid off four accounts so far and we are skipping up a few steps to pay off Tony's car next.

Photobucket

My car has pretty high mileage (192,000+) and we have been dreaming of getting a truck for the last year. Since only one of us has to commute to work (mwah), a truck is not a huge gas guzzler concern to us at this point. Once we pay off Tony's Saturn, we will sell my Neon as a small down payment and buy a used truck that we can take a small loan out for (something we can pay off is six-12 months). I realize that it goes against the Dave plan... but we're not perfect!
P.S. My present to Tony is this fabulous ice house!
Photobucket
Which we bought online today. On sale. With free shipping. And a $20 of coupon. We are starting to rock this bargain business!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...