Monday, December 20, 2010

Passive Aggressive Notes

The other day I went to the lobby to grab my mail and found this beauty:

Photobucket


I believe this person was trying to reference a recent situation with our lobby garbage and recycling. There used to be a nice looking small lobby garbage receptacle (like one you might see in a hotel or something). There also used to be a small plastic garbage container labeled “Recycling” right below the mailboxes. Then one day, they just disappeared. At first I thought that somebody was emptying them or washing them out when I happened to walk by the lobby that day. But they never resurfaced.

My conclusion (and I guess this guy’s too) was that due to abuse of the receptacles, the management company decided to take this amenity away. This abuse may or may not have included how often times on Monday mornings, the garbage was overflowing onto the floor because people were too lazy to just bring their items to their apartment or garage dumpster around the corner; it may or may not have included the increasing amount of times people were using it to throw their dog poo away in (really people? this is inside the building! gross); and it may or may not have to do with bored college students vandalizing the building (get a job!).

Or maybe I’m wrong and this note is about something entirely different. Either way, I think there are a lot of people out there who need to man up and start acting like an adult. And not just relating to littering. Don’t even get me starting on paying your bills.

This is about the 3rd passive aggressive note I have seen since we moved here at the end of July. Apparently passive aggressive notes are becoming more popular these days. There is even a funny website devoted to such notes!

I guess people are too afraid of confrontation and rejection these days…

Have you ever left a passive agressive note for someone? Have you ever received one? What was it about? Do you think media has instilled too much fear in people these days?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...