Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Parenting

I'm not sure what direction this blog will eventually take (focusing on parenting, money, fitness, etc.) but I want to put a quick "disclaimer" out there. This quote pretty much sums up how I parent and learn about parenting. 

"The true joy of parenting comes when we are empowered and can follow our own inner voice of guidance. Keep your eyes open, become informed; consider all options, all styles of parenting. Then make decisions about what's right for you and your family."  - Tracy Hogg

Although I question myself often, I am not generally an anxious person and therefore, I try super hard to relax and let life happen, guiding my kids when possible but also letting them take the reins once in a while. 

For example... 

This morning, Brody and I had an impromptu dance party. He is quite the dancer, but today he wanted mama to hold him and dance. I indulged him and got a great little workout in too! We both had a blast.


Another example, Charlee was very sleepy today. We have been trying to use a three hour routine of eat, play, sleep, but today she just seemed to want to sleep. We went with the sleeping thing. I have less than a week left of maternity leave, I couldn't help it!


Finally, dinner. I applaud the mamas out there that can get organic, healthy, fancy-shaped food on the table EVERY night. We have dinner together almost every night. That's our best. It might be tacos, grilled cheese, or even frozen pizza... but we eat at home. Together. Someday we'll eat healthier. Maybe. If I can convince my husband ;)


To close, another awesome parenting quote I found recently gives advice about balancing a newborn and a toddler: 

"Be creative, patient, and hold tight to your sense of humor!" - KelleyMom.com


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...