Monday, January 6, 2014

Weekend Recap - Bitter Cold Edition

If you're reading this, it means you are currently surviving this ridiculous winter. Good for you. Now, can we PLEASE get these temps, but without the negative sign in front??? My kid I am going stir crazy! So much so, that I took my one month old to church yesterday and then out for bagels... not my smartest mommy move but everything went fine. Except for the brief scream-cry episode when the boob wasn't immediately available because I had to take off about 17 layers first.


Let's stop talking about the weather. For real. I know we are Minnesotans and this is what we do, but everyone knows it's freaking cold. I don't need a screenshot of your phone. I have a weather app too. 

In other news, Brody will be TWO in less than a month. I wouldn't say he is a "terrible two" but it's a fine line. He is funny, very bossy, loud, talkative, somewhat short-tempered, loving, energetic, needs his alone time, and hesitant of new situations. Oh, and we really better start watching out mouths! It's so hard not to laugh when he repeats us! For example, just this morning, Tony was trying to put on his boots and mumbled something about how fat his feet are... and then Brody yelled "fat!" and laughed. Oops! What Daddy really meant to say was "These boots are hard to get the cute. chubby, baby feet that you still have."


Miss Mae (aka Charlee) has been spoiled during the holiday season! We have been spending the last few days working on sleeping on her own and getting into a routine. It was going really well... until today... when Brody is back at daycare and I thought I'd have time to get stuff done. Haha... silly mama... these babies must already be scheming against me!  Thank God for the Moby wrap.


Our weekend was pretty much spent doing whatever Brody wanted to do: playdoh, hockey, hiding in his tent, going up and down the stairs, and ELMO! I almost feel like something is missing today without the Sesame Street karaoke playing in the background. Almost.


We did get to have some adult fun after Brody went to bed. Friday night I went to my first Pure Romance party (eek!) and Saturday night we watched Hangover 3 (much better than #2).


Until next time... 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...