Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fishies

Goldfish. You know, those little yellow cheesy crackers shaped like fishies? Have you had them since elementary school? If not… give them a whirl again! But buyer beware! They are super yummy but addicting.

How did I get back into Goldfish? I had originally wanted to include two real goldfish per centerpiece at our wedding. Logistically, it did not work out. Plus I did not want people to be grossed out if the fish went belly up halfway through dinner. To keep with the up north “fish” type theme, we decided to have Goldfish as a snack during our cocktail hour.


Photobucket

Quick side note: I loved everything about our wedding. Nothing was really missed, majorly screwed up, or overly dramatic. It was more than I thought it would turn out to be (as you maybe could have seen from my constant happy tears during the ceremony that continued well into the next day opening gifts). I am soooo grateful for all of the fabulous people that helped pull everything together.

Photobucket

(Note the ugly cry face... it stayed there pretty much the whole ceremony!) Photo by Tom Hall

One thing that I personally kind of screwed up on was communication. I slightly blame my parents… they are not the greatest communicators and I learn from my elders, right? I had all these awesome visions and I did my part to make these things come to fruition. However… I forgot about telling key people what I envisioned. I don’t know if I assumed they knew, if I thought I already told them, or if I simply was so busy I forgot. Either way… it happened with a few things over the course of the weekend.

Back to the Goldfish. I calculated enough to fill the vases at least once and then possibly a refill or two. Yes, I asked people to fill them up for me during set up, but I forgot to communicate the role of refilling. I also forgot to communicate the fact that “a full bar” during the reception means to me: beer, wine, hard liquor the entire time (7pm-midnight)… but more on that another time.

So because I did not communicate the need to refill the vases and I also probably overestimated how much people would eat... we are left with quite the abundance of Goldfish! I put one of the large bags in my desk at work. My thinking was "better this than something from the vending machine." But maybe I was off track... these things are addicting! Especially when you have a never-ending super huge bag of them :) Oh well. Either I will get my fill and won't buy them again until I have kiddos or I will buy a much, much smaller bag once this one runs out. I'll be sure to let you know if they become a staple in my lunch bag.


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...