Thursday, March 21, 2013

Reading ADD

I blame social media.

It's so easy to hop from story to story on FB, IG, Twitter, etc. so why not do it with your reading material as well?! What makes it worse? Kindle.


Love the easy access (phone, kindle, PC) but it also makes it easy to switch between books and forget to finish a book. Maybe I should take that as a sign - if I forget to finish a book, is it really worth reading?

I have always wanted to be a part of a book club, or start my own. Any takers? Then again... I already feel like there are so many activities I want to do each week. Can we really fit it all in? Here are some of the things I've been thinking about:

* Swimming lessons for Brody (weekly)
* Weekly (preferably bi-weekly, but really really preferable everyday) mama yoga
* Book club (maybe a realistic goal would be once or twice a month?)
* Practice photography and take a class to see if I really like it or I just like the idea of it
* Mama get-togethers with the babies (at least once a month)
* Visit the great-grandparents and other extended family (minimum of once a month)
* Building my Norwex business! I love it but haven't had much time to devote to it yet. I am planning on having a specific office space in our hopefully soon-to-be house will help with this.
* On top of this is Tony's softball schedule, trying to make time for friends, and vacation season!!!

These are just a few of the things I am really going to try to make happen this spring/summer. Hold me accountable mmk? Thanks.

Going back to the "can we really fit it all in" thing from above... do I want to fit it all in? Sometimes I love just being a lazy/go-with-the-flow/impulsive kind of person. Why make so many plans that you don't have time for "life"? I feel like it's such a catch-22. Is "life" the experience of plans that you choose to get you out and about? Or is about hanging out at home and letting life happen to you? And now we're getting deep...


And completely off this post's title. Writing ADD?  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...