Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Weekend Update (A day or two late)

Friday: Dinner out for Ashley's birthday! It was delicious. But I can't lie, I was a little bit jealous about the wine. I think I'm having a harder time with this no drinking thing this time around!


I was the sober cab for the drive home and of course we had to be in the middle of an ice storm! The roads were so bad. And of course I wasn't driving my own vehicle, so that only makes things worse. You trust your vehicle and know it's quirks. Someone else's vehicle - all bets are off! On the Cedar bridge crossing the river, we saw three spinout accidents. Needless to say, we took it very slow.

Saturday: Daddy headed down to Mankato for a hockey tournament. Brody and I lounged around in our PJs for the morning. He took a long morning nap while I got ready for St. Patty's Day festivities. We headed out the door around 1pm (right about afternoon nap time). I was hoping a short nap in the car would be a nice refresher for him since he slept almost 2 hours in the morning. Boy was I wrong! First of all, he probably slept for less than 10 minutes. The sun was beating into the back window (we had to take Tony's car since he had my truck out on a road trip). He whined the whole time :( When we finally pulled in the parking lot, he was pretty unhappy. We hung out with family and friends, ate some food, and tried to get Brody to catch a few zzz's in our arms, but it just didn't work out. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.


He of course slept the whole way home, and then I tried to sneak him up to his crib so mama could get a little nap in (the tiredness is starting to set in). Nope. He didn't really like that idea. So I changed back into my PJs and we headed downstairs to play. I fixed my hubby's PS3, ordered some pizza, and we played with his farm toys. After dinner, we took the dog out to play which Brody always thinks is hilarious. I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL SPRING! Our family needs to be outside.

Back to my fun Saturday night... I went to bed right after I put Brody down, around 8pm! Amazing what pregnancy can do to your body.


Sunday: We headed to church a little early so I could register Brody for the toddler room. He didn't fuss or even seem to notice when I left... but he didn't look so great when we picked him up! He was snuggling with one of the volunteers looking dog tired. Some days he doesn't seem to need that morning nap, but other days he craves it. I think this was one of the days.

After church, we headed over to Jenn's house for some pics with a real live bunny! Brody didn't get it at first, but after we tried on some bunny ears, he seemed to perk up. He loves to be silly with anything that goes on your head... sunglasses, hats, bunny ears, you get it.


Daddy came home around four, and Mama escaped to get a pedicure with Abby.

All in all, just another weekend in the life of the Conarys :0)

2 comments:

Jackie O said...

You look AMAZING!! Seriously. Jeez. And your wardrobe...I need it!!

Justine said...

Aww thanks Jackie! I'm just starting to hit the bloated phase of the first tri... ugh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...