Sunday, July 10, 2011

Baby Stein… ETA January 20th, 2012!

So remember when I posted about Eelpout Festival a few months back? Well after that trip, Tony got this bright idea to start a family… now. We had originally planned to wait until at least our 1st year anniversary. But being the baby-lover that I am, and since no time is the “right time,” we got to work!

On Friday, May 20th, Tony and I went out for a friend’s birthday. Although we had fun, we ended the night with a fight. We rarely have fights and this one wasn’t anything huge. It was more just something that you brushed off and forgot about the next morning. We both headed off to work the next day at 10am. It was a slow day in the office and I was starving. I ran over to Cub Foods and got a lean cuisine… and a pregnancy test. I was a week late.

No big deal… I was ten days late the month before. But I couldn’t just let that test burn a hole in my purse all day until I went home… so after lunch, I did the deed. And much to surprise, yet not surprise, there were two pink lines! (aka, it was positive). Here is was, about 2pm in the afternoon and I was supposed to just wait 3+ hours to tell my hubby??? I couldn’t handle the waiting. So I called up my good friend (and boss) and begged her to finish out the day for me at work. I couldn’t fake being sick because I couldn’t wipe the cheesy grin of my face… so I had to tell her! Then I ran off to Target and picked up a little present for hubby.

Since I was home so early and we had a grad dinner to go to that night, I dressed up and fixed my hair. Then I wrapped the present and waited by the door for Tony to come home. He was a little surprised to see me home so early. But before he could even suspect anything, I handed him his gift. He looked confused and said, “What the heck is this for?” I told him that I was sorry we got in a fight last night and this was a little gift to make up for it. He replied, “All I gotta do is fight with you and I get presents?” I told him to just go ahead and open it.

He peeled back the wrapping paper and pulled out a little onesie that said “I Love My Daddy” on it!

Photobucket

He stared at it for a minute and then looked up at me, a little puzzled. I think he said something like is this for real? But I can’t remember exactly. And I think I said something like Yup, we are having a baby! He smiled, hugged and kissed me and then sat down on the couch, still starring at the onesie. “Are you sure? How accurate are those tests?” “99% usually when you’re a week late” “So, umm, now what do we do?”

I wanted to keep it a secret until our first doc appointment but Tony was beaming and couldn’t hold it in. On the way to dinner, he called all his family members and close friends to share the news. I waited to see everyone in person at dinner that night and then we made a special trip to my moms after dinner. Everyone was so excited and surprised!!!

Photobucket


And now, here we are a few weeks later, rounding out the end of the 1st trimester (12 weeks, 3 days to be exact). According to the fruit chart, the baby is the size of a plum. According the man chart, he/she is the size of a small tape measure.

Photobucket


Keep your eye on our blog for updates on baby-to-be’s progress and the ever-popular yet kinda disturbing belly pics, starting next week… if I can brave it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...