Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Love Like Crazy: Time to Practice!

Friday afternoon was when the majority of our guests started arriving at Horseshoe Bay Lodge. It was great to see everyone socializing in the courtyard, especially those that have never met and those who haven’t seen each other in years. That may have been one of my favorite aspects of a semi-destination wedding: it’s kinda like a mini-family-reunion-vacation!

Photobucket
Jim and Ann (Tony’s uncle and aunt) talking to Mom and Gerry in the background. Also pictured (from left to right) friend Tera, my aunt Paula, Tony’s dad Mark, friend Josh, and Mark’s wife Trish.

Photobucket
Ashley makes her appearance! And our cousin Mandy is there to greet her :)  

Photobucket
More chatting between Mom, Gerry, Jim and Ann. Also pictured are their two boys Sam and Ryan.

Photobucket
Gerry stops to say hello to Jim (his dad) and wife Marge. Jim passed away suddenly while on vacation with Marge is Hawaii during the Tsunami evacuation back in March. We miss him like crazy and we feel so blessed to have had him at our wedding. Hopefully he is continuing to watch from heaven as our life unfolds. Jim and Marge were so in love, such a great example!

Photobucket
Katie, our flower girl, is Tony’s cousin. She made fast friends with my cousin Angie. They were pretty inseparable the whole weekend!

Photobucket
From left to right: Deb (stepmom), me, Ash, Dad, & Kel getting ready for the rehearsal. Look at everyone milling around in the background! So fun!

Photobucket
The bridal party lines up!

Photobucket
Chuck (Tony’s cousin and best man) and Ashley (my middle sister and maid of honor) practice their march. It was pretty windy on Friday, we were all really hoping the wind would die down a notch for Saturday’s outdoor ceremony and champagne toast pontoon ride.

Photobucket
Again with the wind! Bob (Tony’s friend and mentor from Erik’s Bike Shop) and Angie (my cousin) all smiles!

Photobucket
Dad was trying to match his step to mine. Little did he know that during the actual walk, I would be bawling my eyes out and you wouldn’t really be able to see my feet under my dress anyway! A for effort though Dad :)

PhotobucketDad looks concerned… maybe reality was starting to hit! And I look a little freaked out too!

Photobucket
This pic about sums up the practice run. Tony was stressed because right before we came out to practice, I had been upset about how I didn’t have time to get my hair done and it wasn’t fair because I was supposed to be the beautiful bride-to-be. I’m trying to be the good girl and listen closely to Pastor Mark’s instructions. Meanwhile, Bridesmaids Abby (my friend) and Angie (my cousin) are goofing off in the background. Let’s just say we were happy to head out for pizza and beer soon after this pic!

Love Like Crazy Recap:
* I teased you with a few of my favorite pics!
* We spent a day or two decorating the hall.

1 comment:

Justine said...

These pictures are compliments of Jim and Ann Porter, Deb & Don Egan, Michele & Gerry Heaslip, and Tom Hall. Thanks for documenting everything!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...